Our goal is to 'Be Remarkable' on every project we undertake and create clients for life! Similarly, we want our staff to work for a remarkable company where they can invest their skills and grow their career for life. Rainier Custom Homes has an open position for Project Manager. The position is intended to be fulltime and long term. Applicants should email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rainier Custom Homes Project Manager Job Description
Rainier Custom Homes Project Manager / Superintendent
Title: Project Manager / Superintendent
Reports To: COO
Headquarters: Renton, WA
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Annual salary, Vehicle allowance, and Performance bonuses based on weekly evaluations
Summary Description: Assist in the preparation of contract documents such as plans, specifications, bids, etc. and client proposal presentations. Request subcontractor bids and compile cost information as well as schedule needs to execute residential construction projects. Regular communication with clients to include: weekly meetings, weekly meeting minutes, and daily written communications. Creation of project schedule, using Microsoft Project. Daily job site presence in order to maintain quality, budget, schedule, and safety. Updating of project information, including schedule, change orders, and subcontractor evaluation. Assist in monthly billing process. Be Remarkable.
Primary Position Requirements:
1. Empathy – Ability to create a remarkable client builder relationship and assist the client through the residential contractor process in a positive and personal way. Ability to build strong, meaningful subcontractor/supplier partnerships where all involved are considered and benefit from working together for the common good of the client and project.
2. Integrity – Ability to always stand by what you say and do. Ability to own decisions and consequences regardless of outcome.
3. Conflict Resolution – Ability to resolve difficult situations that arise from the schedule, billing, change orders, etc. Assist all involved in understanding others perspectives and ultimately resolve conflicts to the reasonable satisfaction of everyone in which all parties sincerely feel listened to and understood.
4. Excellent Communication – Ability to articulate thoughts verbally as well as in writing. Ability to read body language and understand what is not being said. Ability to use technology to enhance communication to client and subcontractor/supplier partners.
5. Process Oriented – Ability and willingness to follow company processes. Assist in improving and adapting company processes when needed in an effort to strengthen the company and be a part of the team.
- Must have a strong ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts both verbal and written. Must also have an aptitude for reading body language and general kinetic awareness.
- Must be self-motivated and able to solve problems.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and project.
- Must have a willingness to follow and improve company processes .
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Project Manager (Superintendent) experience that includes high end custom home projects.
- Must understand how to bid and estimate high end custom home projects.
- Applicant is preferred to have a college degree, preferably in construction management or architecture degree.
- Must understand the value, and have experience, in following company processes and show a willingness to improve processes as part of the team .
- Must have a positive attitude and approach all projects with a ‘can do’ attitude. In addition, applicant must be completely trustworthy.
- Must be able to show repeat customer successes and an ability to manage projects on time and on budget.
- Must submit a list of subcontractors they have been working with for 5+ years.
- Must be able to show the level and quality of the projects they have managed.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a continuous learner and have an ability to retain new knowledge.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Project and general computing skills.
- Professional appearance, consistent, excellent follow-up, organized, timely, disciplined
- Family company
- Relationship based
- Owner expects responsiveness, ability to follow systems and process to assure each client gets a “remarkable” experience, as well as the ability to remember and follow through on what is asked.
- Owner encourages candor, regardless of position in firm.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com